You can open an ATB agriculture bank account at any ATB branch in just 4 easy steps.
Plan on spending up to two hours at the branch to open your accounts and get them set up.
Find a branch
Gather your personal documentation.
You need two pieces of ID from the list below for each person who has signing authority:
|Primary ID (1 or 2 from this list, for each person with signing authority)
||Secondary ID (Only 1 from this list, for each person with signing authority)|
|Canadian drivers licence
||A major credit card with your name and signature|
||A foreign passport|
|Canadian citizenship card
||A bank card with your name and signature|
|Canadian certificate of naturalization
||A photo employee ID card from a well-known employer|
|Permanent resident card
||A Canadian National Institute for the Blind client card with photo and signature|
|Canadian birth certificate
|Social insurance number card
|Old age security card
|Certificate of Indian status
|Provincial health insurance card
Gather your business documentation:
- Business or trade name registration
- Your social insurance number (only if opening an interest-bearing account)
- Power of attorney authorizations (only if another person is to have signing authority)
- Articles of incorporation
- Certificate of incorporation
If your business has been incorporated for more than 12 months, you also need to bring:
- Certificate of status
- Annual government filing
- Corporate profile report
- Most recent notice of assessment
- Articles of association or, if not formally established, a letter or meeting minutes that name the individual(s) with signing authority
- Resolution stating signing officers (if not addressed in articles of association)
- All documents required for an unincorporated association
- Registration number
Partnerships & Joint Ventures
- Limited partnership agreement
- Certificate of limited partnership
- Declaration of partnership or limited partnership
- Application for registration of a partnership or limited partnership
- For general partnerships only, you also need to confirm type of entity and nature of business.
- For incorporated general partnerships, you also need to bring all documents required for a corporation.
- Copy of bylaw or resolution identifying individual(s) authorized to open accounts.
- Screen print from provincial or territorial website as listed in the applicable subject.
Strata Corporations & Condominium Corporations
- Land titles search
- Bylaws and banking resolutions
Go to the branch at your scheduled time, taking your personal and business documents with you.
Our associate will set up your bank accounts as well as your ATBOnline Business banking and telephone banking. You'll get your Interac card and can begin using your business bank accounts right away.