Navigate Up
Sign In

Business problem? We have solutions. Call the ATB Business Banking Centre at 1-855-941-4912

Agriculture Resources

Opening an Agriculture Bank Account

You can open an ATB agriculture bank account at any ATB branch in just 4 easy steps.

Plan on spending up to two hours at the branch to open your accounts and get them set up.

Find a branch

Gather your personal documentation.

You need two pieces of ID from the list below for each person who has signing authority:

Primary ID (1 or 2 from this list, for each person with signing authority) Secondary ID (Only 1 from this list, for each person with signing authority)
Canadian drivers licence A major credit card with your name and signature
Canadian passport A foreign passport
Canadian citizenship card A bank card with your name and signature
Canadian certificate of naturalization A photo employee ID card from a well-known employer
Permanent resident card A Canadian National Institute for the Blind client card with photo and signature
Canadian birth certificate
Social insurance number card
Old age security card
Certificate of Indian status
Provincial health insurance card

Gather your business documentation:

  • Business or trade name registration
  • Your social insurance number (only if opening an interest-bearing account)
  • Power of attorney authorizations (only if another person is to have signing authority)


  • Articles of incorporation
  • Certificate of incorporation

If your business has been incorporated for more than 12 months, you also need to bring:

  • Certificate of status
  • Annual government filing
  • Corporate profile report
  • Most recent notice of assessment

Unincorporated Association

  • Articles of association or, if not formally established, a letter or meeting minutes that name the individual(s) with signing authority
  • Resolution stating signing officers (if not addressed in articles of association)

Incorporated Society

  • All documents required for an unincorporated association
  • Registration number

Partnerships & Joint Ventures

  • Trade name registration

Partnership agreement

  • Limited partnership agreement
  • Certificate of limited partnership
  • Declaration of partnership or limited partnership
  • Application for registration of a partnership or limited partnership
  • For general partnerships only, you also need to confirm type of entity and nature of business.
  • For incorporated general partnerships, you also need to bring all documents required for a corporation.


  • Copy of bylaw or resolution identifying individual(s) authorized to open accounts.
  • Screen print from provincial or territorial website as listed in the applicable subject.

Strata Corporations & Condominium Corporations

  • Land titles search
  • Bylaws and banking resolutions

Go to the branch at your scheduled time, taking your personal and business documents with you.

Our associate will set up your bank accounts as well as your ATBOnline Business banking and telephone banking. You'll get your Interac card and can begin using your business bank accounts right away.


Start the conversation with an ATB Agriculture Expert

2016 ATB Financial. All rights reserved. ®ATB Financial is a trade name/registered trademark of Alberta Treasury Branches.

ATB Financial