Fraud prevention strategies and considerations for the non-profit sector
By ATB Financial 24 August 2020
As sectors across Alberta evolve at a rapidly changing pace to address disruption, perhaps one crucial factor many organizations have not had the time to focus on is activity around fraud, and the approaches many fraud actors are taking to capitalize on vulnerability, especially within the non-profit sector.
Aisha Kitchlew, Senior Manager of Fraud Investigations and Cybercrime with ATB provides insight into fraud tactics that the non-profit sector should be aware of and strategies to prevent fraud from happening.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Major types of fraud present in the non-profit sector
- Identify who commits fraud
- Outline what you may want to protect and what you can do to protect your organization
- Financial internal control techniques
- Top three fraud types that we are seeing today with examples and how to detect, and how to protect your organization while working from home