Barry James chairs the Board’s Audit Committee and is a member of the Board’s Risk Committee.
He serves on fiduciary and advisory boards of public and private companies, foundations, and other organizations and is Chief Corporate Development Officer at Lloyd Sadd Insurance Services.
Barry has a BCom with distinction from the University of Alberta, CA from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, Fellowship of the Institute of the Chartered Accountants of Alberta, and ICD.D from the Institute of Corporate Directors. Barry was a partner at PwC, including 10 years as Managing Partner of the Edmonton office.
- Corus Entertainment Inc. (Audit Committee Chair)
- AutoCanada Inc. (Audit Committee Chair)
- Edmonton Galleria Foundation
- Norseman Group
- Kipnes Foundation
- Inuvialuit Investment Corp.
- Treadmark Properties
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Edmonton Convention Centre Authority
- Forest Industry Suppliers’ Association of Alberta
- Edmonton Space and Science Foundation
- Support Network Foundation
- University of Alberta Board of Governors
- Government of Alberta
- University of Alberta Hospital Foundation