Barry James is Vice-Chair of the Board, chairs the Audit Committee and is a member of the Risk Committee. Barry has extensive and comprehensive financial acumen and literacy from his time as a partner at PwC, which included 10 years as managing partner of the Edmonton office. He actively serves on the fiduciary and advisory boards of public and private companies, foundations, Crown corporations and other organizations. He recently retired as the Chief Corporate Development Officer at Lloyd Sadd Navacord Insurance.
Barry received a BCom degree with distinction from the University of Alberta and a CPA designation from the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta and has an ICD.D designation from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
Current fiduciary directorships
- Corus Entertainment Inc. (Audit Committee Chair)
- AutoCanada Inc. (Audit Committee Chair)
- Edmonton Galleria Foundation
- Norseman Group
- Kipnes Foundation
- Inuvialuit Investment Corp.
- Treadmark Properties
- University of Alberta Properties Trust Inc.
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Edmonton Convention Centre Authority
- Forest Industry Suppliers’ Association of Alberta
- Edmonton Space and Science Foundation
- Support Network Foundation
- University of Alberta Board of Governors
- Government of Alberta (Audit Committee Chair)
- University of Alberta Hospital Foundation