There are two convenient ways to open your personal bank account today.
- Call our Customer Contact Centre at 1-888-404-4646. Our personal banking specialists are available to assist you Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please note that you will need to visit an ATB branch to complete the process by providing personal identification and a signature.
- Visit any ATB branch in person. To find the branch nearest to you, please use our Branch Locator.
Did you know that transferring your pre-authorized transactions to ATB can be quick and painless? It's all thanks to our eSwitch service. Learn more
Whether you call us or visit us in person, please be ready to provide the following:
- Your contact information, employment information, and details about who will be using the account
- Two pieces of valid identification1:
- At least 1 piece of ID must be from the Primary ID list below
- At least 1 piece of ID must have a photograph
- ID presented must be original and valid (not expired)
- Depending on the type of account you open, we may also need your Social Insurance Number
|Canadian drivers license
||Major credit card with your name and signature|
|Canadian citizenship card
||Customer card or bank card with your signature|
|Canadian certificate of naturalization
||Employee ID card issued by a well-known employer with your name and photo|
|Permanent resident card
||Canadian National Institute for the Blind client card with photo and signature|
|Canadian birth certificate
||Canadian university or college student ID card with your name, photo, student reference number, and bar code|
|Social insurance number card issued by the Government of Canada
|Old age security card issued by the Government of Canada
|Certificate of Indian status issued by the Government of Canada
|Provincial/Territorial health insurance card
Once you open an account, we'll give you an ATB customer card and help you create a personal identification number (PIN) with which to access your account. We can also help you set up your online banking and telephone banking.
1Please note that personal ID must have your current address on it; otherwise, you will need to bring in a utility bill with your name and current address.