There are three ways to open an account, apply for a loan, or apply for a MasterCard.
- Shop online using our 24/7 online shopping experience.
- Call our Customer Care Centre at 1-888-404-4646. Our personal bankers are available Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 7:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Visit any ATB branch in person. To find the branch nearest to you, please use our branch locator.
When you shop online or call our Customer Care Centre, please be ready to provide:
- One piece of government-issued ID (drivers' licence, passport, or provincial ID).
- One document showing you already bank in Canada (like a bank statement or previously-cleared cheque).
If you don't have the above items, or would simply rather chat with us in person, please stop by a branch and bring:
- Your employment information and details about who will be using the account.
- Two pieces of valid identification1:
- At least 1 piece of ID must be from the Primary ID list below
- At least 1 piece of ID must have a photograph
- ID presented must be original and valid (not expired)
- Depending on the type of account you open, we may also need your Social Insurance Number.
|Canadian drivers license
||Major credit card with your name and signature|
|Canadian citizenship card
||Customer card or bank card with your signature|
|Canadian certificate of naturalization
||Employee ID card issued by a well-known employer with your name and photo|
|Permanent resident card
||Canadian National Institute for the Blind client card with photo and signature|
|Canadian birth certificate
||Canadian university or college student ID card with your name, photo, student reference number, and bar code|
|Social insurance number card issued by the Government of Canada
|Old age security card issued by the Government of Canada
|Certificate of Indian status issued by the Government of Canada
|Provincial/Territorial health insurance card
Once you open an account, we'll give you an ATB debit card and help you create a personal identification number (PIN) with which to access your account. We can also help you set up your online banking and telephone banking.
1Please note that personal ID must have your current address on it; otherwise, you will need to bring in a utility bill with your name and current address.