A one-stop source for RESP information for Albertans
The ATB Wealth Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) Reference Guide provides all the information you need to manage and make the most of a Registered Education Savings Plan to reach your education savings goals.
Whether you are a subscriber or a beneficiary of an RESP—or you are curious about how you could benefit from opening an RESP account—this guide has you covered. From the basics to the specifics, the RESP guide includes tables, examples and educational content exploring the following topics:
- Different types of RESP accounts
- Making the most of your contributions
- Government grants and incentives
- Rules for changing a beneficiary and conducting an education savings rollover
- Types of withdrawals and the rules associated with each
- How to plan withdrawals to minimize taxable income
Please note that this guide is not a replacement for professional financial advice tailored to your unique situation. Rather, it is intended to equip you with the knowledge you will need to get started saving and making the most of an RESP today. Regardless of your level of experience with saving for education, we hope you take away something new from this free, downloadable PDF.
The ATB Wealth RESP Reference Guide
Everything you need to know about RESPs in Alberta
ATB Wealth experts are ready to listen.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced investor, we can help.