A how-to guide on saving money tax free
The ATB Wealth Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) Reference Guide was designed to provide you with the information you will need to help you manage your TFSA effectively and make the most of your contribution room each year.
Whether you have been contributing to your TFSA for years or you haven’t started one yet, the TFSA Reference Guide explains the benefits of growing your money tax free in a savings account.
Please note that this guide is not a replacement for professional financial advice tailored to your unique situation. Rather, it will give you an idea of how you can start—or continue—contributing to your TFSA today.
The guide includes tips, helpful information and situational examples about the following topics:
- How to calculate your annual contribution limit
- What counts as a qualified contribution and how to save contribution room How to handle overcontributions
- Rules for making withdrawals from your TFSA
- Comparing TFSAs to RRSPs and determining which account is right for you
- Handling the funds in a TFSA in the case of death
- Additional considerations for non-residents and US persons
Regardless of your level of experience with saving, we hope you take away something new from this free, downloadable PDF.