Understanding Registered Retirement Income Funds
You’ve spent your working years saving for your future and now it’s time to start drawing on your investments for your retirement income needs.
A Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) is a tax deferred investment account that transitions investors from retirement savings to retirement income.
The ATB Wealth RRIF Reference Guide includes all the information you need about turning your RRSPs into RRIFs and making the most of your retirement income. Along with situational examples, this comprehensive guide includes information about:
- Turning your investments into retirement income
- Understanding RRIF withdrawals and taxation
- Spousal RRIFs and attribution rules
- Contributions and transfers
- Considerations with the death of a RRIF annuitant
It’s important to note that this guide is not meant to replace professional financial advice. Rather, it is intended to help guide your retirement journey.