Mary Ellen Neilson had a successful career in financial services, where she held various senior executive positions in a national bank with extensive experience in banking, financial services, credit and loan losses. She served on and chaired various boards, committees, and organizations. Mary Ellen is an elected senator for the University of Calgary and was a member of the Board of Governors, where she served as vice-chair of the Investment Committee and chair of the Finance and Property Committee. Mary Ellen was an Executive Director at the Association for Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured until early 2020.
Mary has her BComm. from the University of Calgary, her MBA from York University, her CMA and CPA from the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and Alberta, and her ICD.D from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
- University of Calgary Senator (Governance Committee and the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee)
- Law Society of Alberta
- University of Calgary Board of Governors
- Art Gallery of Alberta
- Glenbow Museum Board of Governors
- Society of Management Accountants of Alberta
- YWCA of Calgary (Chair, Audit Committee)
- Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured