Mary Ellen Neilson was Executive Director at the Association for Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured until early 2020. She is an elected senator for the University of Calgary and a member of the Board of Governors, where she vice-chairs the Investment Committee and chairs the Finance and Property Committee.
Mary Ellen has had a successful career in financial services, where she has held various senior executive positions. She has served on and chaired various boards, committees, and organizations. She has her BCom from the University of Calgary, her MBA from York University, her CMA and CPA from the Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta, and her ICD.D from the Institute of Corporate Directors.
She Chairs the Risk Committee and sits on the Audit Committee.
- University of Calgary
- Art Gallery of Alberta
- Glenbow Museum Board of Governors
- Society of Management Accountants of Alberta
- YWCA of Calgary (Chair, Audit Committee)
- University of Calgary Senator (Vice Chair, Senate Development Committee)
- Association for the Rehabilitation