Learn how to cancel a pending Interac e-Transfer® using the ATB Personal app.
How to cancel a pending transfer or request for money by INTERAC e-Transfer® on ATB Personal
Learn how to cancel a pending INTERAC e-Transfer transaction using the ATB Personal banking website.
Sent or requested the wrong amount? Used the wrong recipient? Whatever the issue, cancelling a transfer or request for money that you made using Interac e-Transfer is an easy fix on ATB Personal.
- Log in to ATB Personal.
- From the Overview screen, click Move Money in the primary navigation.
- From the Move Money menu, click Interac e-Transfer®.
- On the Interac e-Transfer screen, click the Transfer history tab to see your list of transactions.
- Under Pending transfers, click the transaction you want to cancel.
- On the Send/Request money details screen, click Cancel transaction.
- Confirm the cancellation. There are a few things to keep in mind:
- You can only cancel an Interac e-Transfer transaction before the recipient has accepted it.
- Interac e-Transfer transactions expire automatically after 30 days if they’re not deposited.
- If you don’t want to cancel the transaction but the recipient hasn’t responded, click Resend notification to send them an email reminder.
- You're all done!
Interac e-Transfer is a registered trade-mark and the Interac logo is a trade-mark of Interac Corp. Used under licence.