Learn how to cancel a pending transfer or request for money by INTERAC e-Transfer® using the ATB Personal banking website.
How to cancel a pending Interac e-Transfer® on the ATB Personal app
Learn how to cancel a pending INTERAC e-Transfer transaction using the ATB Personal banking app.
Sent or requested the wrong amount? Got the recipient wrong? Whatever the issue, cancelling a transfer or request for money that you made using Interac e-Transfer is an easy fix on ATB Personal.
- Log in to your ATB Personal app.
- From the Overview screen, tap Move money in the primary navigation.
- From the Move Money menu, tap Interac e-Transfer®.
- From the Interac e-Transfer® menu, tap View history to see your list of transactions.
- On the History screen, in the Sent or Requested tab, under Pending transfers/requests, tap the transaction you want to cancel.
- On the Transaction Details screen, tap Cancel transaction/request.
- Confirm the cancellation keeping the following in mind:
- You can only cancel an Interac e-Transfer transaction or request before the recipient has accepted it.
- Interac e-Transfer transactions and requests expire automatically after 30 days if no action has been taken.
- If you don’t want to cancel the transaction or request but the recipient hasn’t responded, tap Resend notification to send them an email reminder.
- You’re all done!
Interac and Interac e-Transfer are registered trade-marks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.