How to make a stop payment request on ATB Personal
Learn how to make a stop payment request quickly and easily on the ATB Personal banking website.
Before making a request to stop a payment by cheque or pre-authorized debit in ATB Personal, check your transaction history to ensure that the payment has not already been debited from your account. Applicable fees are charged per request at the time of request, regardless of its success or failure.
How to stop a single cheque payment
How to stop a single pre-authorized payment
- Log in to ATB Personal.
- From the Overview screen, click More in the primary navigation.
- Or you can click the three dots to the right of the quick links on any deposit account details screen and click Stop payment request.
- From the More menu, click Account services.
- On the Account Services screen, in the Stop payment request tab, click the link for the type of stop payment request (stop cheque or stop pre-authorized payment) you want to make.
To stop a single (pending) cheque payment:
- On the Stop a single cheque screen, select the Account from which the amount of your cheque payment will be withdrawn.
- Enter the name of the Payee to whom you made out the cheque. The name should match the name written on the cheque.
- Enter the Amount for which you made out the cheque.
- Enter the optional Cheque number and Issue date.
- Click Next.
- Review and verify the request information.
- Click Submit request to complete the request.
- You’re all done!
Digital Banking Tutorials