ATB 101 is a first-rate program focused on growing student work experience and engagement. It is a meaningful employment opportunity filled with exceptional learning experiences, and includes a capstone project that will leave you inspired and prepared to take on the next step in your career.
The ATB 101 program has three intakes: May (summer), September (fall) and January (winter), and we begin recruiting for these intakes about four months in advance. Terms typically last four or eight months, but they can be longer. We are also happy to accept co-op and internship students. “Student” qualifies as someone who is currently enrolled and/or will be returning to a post secondary institution after their term with ATB.
Providing meaningful opportunities
ATB is consistently recognized as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People because we provide meaningful opportunities for our workers. This means:
- Earning wages at a minimum of $21/hr
- Full Time and during core business hours
- Being surrounded by change makers and empowering leaders who will invest in your growth and development
- Ensuring roles are designed to be accessible and inclusive
- Involvement in strategic work that advances ATB's goals
- Gaining experience that will significantly impact your education and career
- No matter what role you accept at ATB, you will make an impact!
Who we look for
Although we are a financial institution, we aren’t just looking for finance students. We seek students from all faculties and departments. Attributes we look for include:
- A curious mind; someone who always asks why and is able to balance that with strong execution
- The ability to stand up, speak out, and identify opportunities for change
- An innovative, digital and entrepreneurial growth mindset
- A collaboration magnet who has the ability to connect with diverse groups and personalities
- The ability to be customer obsessed and know how to deliver WOW to customers and fellow team members
The recruitment journey
- Apply to a posting. Each job family posting hosts many similar individual roles. You only need to submit one application per job family. You may, however, apply for more than one job family if the positions are interesting to you.
- Get sorted. All applicants who pass our initial review will receive a sorting quiz to help our talent partners determine which individual roles are right for you. Your application will then be sent to our hiring leaders for their review and shortlisting.
- Video prescreen. All shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a brief video pre-screen via HireVue™.
- Final interview. All candidates shortlisted from the video pre-screen will be asked to undergo a final interview. This interview could be done via video or in person.
- Background checks. We require all new hires to successfully pass reference, credit and criminal record checks.
- Onboarding. You can expect an orientation with fellow ATB101 students within the first two weeks of starting.
When to apply
|Winter||October - November|
Summer is usually the busiest time for our ATB101 program with the largest intake of students.
To apply, please submit a one page resume focusing on one of the available job families listed in the chart below. In it, tell us a bit about yourself, your education and work history.
This job family would interest students from programs such as Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance (including Risk and Fraud) and Accounting.
Students with an interest and experience in Data, CX, Information Technology Systems, Software Development, Product Development, UX Design and similar roles.
Sales & Service
Students who heavily focus on Finance and Accounting with an interest in building strong relationships with clients.
This job family would suit students specializing in Corporate Finance and Accounting with a keen interest in Investment and Wealth Management.
Disciplines can span multiple job families.
Learn more about us
ATB isn’t your typical employer. Our purpose is happiness, and we always put our people first. To learn more about ATB, check out Why ATB to learn more about our values, teams and benefits.
If you’d like more information you can watch our YouTube Live Info Session.