ATB 101 is a first-rate program focused on growing student work experience and engagement. It is a meaningful employment opportunity filled with exceptional learning experiences, and includes a community project that will leave you inspired and prepared to take the next step in your career.
As an ATB 101 student, you’ll have a unique opportunity to contribute to ATB through challenging, meaningful and diverse opportunities while creating happiness for our clients and your team. Oh and we promise you’ll have a lot of fun doing it!
ATB is consistently recognized as the place to work because we provide meaningful opportunities for all our workers. For our ATB 101 team, this means:
- Earning wages at a minimum of $22/hr
- Full-time work during core business hours (MST). Virtual/remote work with some in-office opportunities.
- Surrounding ATB 101 students with change makers and empowering leaders who will invest in your growth and development
- Ensuring roles are accessible and inclusive
- Involvement in strategic work that advances ATB's goals
- Gaining experience that will significantly impact your education and career
- The chance to make an impact
Who we look for
Although we are a financial institution, we aren’t just looking for business, banking and finance majors. We seek students from all faculties and departments. Attributes we look for include:
- A curious mind—someone who always asks why and is able to balance that with strong execution
- The ability to stand up, speak out, and identify opportunities for change
- An innovative, digital, entrepreneurial and growth-focused mindset
- A zest for collaboration and a knack for connecting with diverse groups and personalities
- The ability to be client obsessed and know how to deliver WOW to clients and fellow team members
- We welcome students who are currently enrolled and/or returning to a post secondary institution, or recent graduates.
The recruitment journey
- Apply to a posting. You can apply for more than one job, however we suggest picking no more than two of the jobs that most excite you! Have your resume handy, and be prepared to answer some questions on the application form. Your application will then be sent to our hiring leaders for their review and shortlisting.
- Video prescreen. All shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a brief video pre-screen. Here are some tips for candidates.
- Final interview. All candidates shortlisted from the video pre-screen will be asked to undergo a final interview. This interview can be done via video or in-person and may be hosted by more than one hiring leader.
- Background checks. We require all new hires to successfully pass reference, credit and criminal record checks.
- Onboarding. You can expect an orientation with fellow ATB 101 students within the first two weeks of starting.
When to apply
Students looking for a placement can find opportunities posted on our careers page and at post secondary career service centre job boards. ATB’s largest intake of students is during the summer months, with start dates typically in May for a four month placement.
To apply, please submit a one-page resume focusing on your experiences and field of study as it relates to the position of interest.
What jobs are available
Corporate Strategic Support Units
Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Communications and Finance including Risk,Fraud and Accounting.
Technology and Experience
Data, CX, Information Technology Systems and Security, Software Development, Product Development, UX Design and similar roles
Business and Advisory
Operations, Business Performance and Analytics, Investment and Wealth Management, Sales and Service
Please note that most fields of study have uses in multiple job families. For example, a Psychology grad might be a great fit for Sales and Service or for Human Resources.
Learn more about us
ATB isn’t your typical employer. Our purpose is happiness, and we always put our people first. To learn more about ATB, check out Why ATB to learn more about our values, teams and benefits.
If you’d like more information you can watch our YouTube Live Info Session.
Read more about how our student program was reinvented for a no-office world.