How to deposit cheques on ATB Personal
Learn how to quickly and easily deposit CAD cheques using your smartphone's camera on the ATB Personal banking app instead of visiting a branch or ABM.
Remote Cheque Deposit is a secure and convenient way to electronically deposit (CAD) cheques, any time, right from your phone. Cheque deposits may be held for up to 5 business days, after which you can safely destroy your cheque.
- Log in to your ATB Personal app
- From the Overview screen, tap Move money in the primary navigation
- Alternatively, tap the Deposit quick link under any deposit account
- From the Move money menu, tap Deposit a cheque
- You’ll be presented with an introductory screen; read the instructions and tap Continue
- On the Deposit a Cheque screen, select the account you want the balance of the cheque to be deposited To
- Enter the Amount of the cheque
- Take a picture of the Front of cheque:
- Tap Tap to take photo
- If not allowed previously, you’ll be prompted for Camera access permission by your mobile operating system
- Center your cheque in the image box; once centered, the app will take the photo automatically
- If the automatic capture doesn’t result in a useable image, you can choose to take the photo manually
- Take a picture of the Back of cheque following the same instructions in step 7
- Once you have clear images for both photos, tap Continue
- Review and verify the details of your cheque deposit, then tap Deposit to complete the deposit
- You will then be shown a confirmation screen, which means you're all done!
- Please hold on to the cheque for 5 business days to ensure it is processed properly
- If you’re looking to set up direct debits (i.e. pre-authorized payments), you can use the Payroll, Direct Deposit or Direct Debit form