How to send money around the world with Global Transfers on ATB Personal
Learn how to send money from Canada to 46 countries in 27 currencies quickly, securely and easily on the ATB Personal banking website.
Global Transfers let you send money internationally—quickly, easily and securely. Unlike complicated and expensive wire transfers, you can send money online straight to your recipient’s bank account in a few days.
- Log in to ATB Personal.
- From the Overview screen, click Move Money in the primary navigation.
- From the Move Money menu, click Global Transfers.
- On the Welcome to Global Transfers screen, if shown, confirm that your address is correct by clicking the checkbox then clicking Continue. If not, please get in touch with our Client Care team as directed.
- On the Send money screen, select the account you want to send money From.
- Select the recipient you want to send money To.
- Skip to step 8
- If you need to add a recipient:
- Click the Add recipient link.
- On the Add recipient screen, enter the name and location of the recipient and click Save. If the recipient is a business, click the Add a business link at the top right of the screen. Check out the list of supported countries/currencies.
- Enter the bank location and account information.5d Specific fields depend on the country. In the USA, for example, you’ll need an American Banking Association (ABA) Routing Number. Outside of the USA, you’ll need an International Bank Account Number (IBAN).
Get help with bank codes.
See the list of supported banks in Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines.
- Review the recipient details to make sure they’re accurate—you may be charged a fee if your recipient's information is incorrect and their bank returns the transfer. Click Save.
- If you’ve enrolled in two-factor authentication, you may be asked to verify your identity.
- Enter the Amount you send (in either the CAD or USD currency of the selected From account) or enter the Amount they receive in the converted currency.
- The real-time foreign exchange (FX) rate will be calculated and shown along with any transaction fees.
- If you’re prompted, select the Purpose of your transfer.
- Depending on the Purpose selected, you may be asked to indicate your Relationship to the recipient.
- If you want, enter a Message to (your) recipient. While we at ATB always send your message, not all recipient banks are able to include it, and the maximum number of characters changes with the location of the recipient’s bank.
- Click Next.
- Review the transfer details and verify that all the information is correct, then click Send to complete the transfer.
- You’ll be given a confirmation number. Global Transfers may take 1-3 business days to be delivered.
- You’re all done!
Digital Banking Tutorials