How to enable two-factor authentication in ATB Personal
Learn how to increase your online banking security on the ATB Personal banking website using two-factor authentication.
At ATB, we’re dedicated to keeping your money—and your identity—safe. That’s why two-factor authentication (2FA) will be required for all ATB clients starting in 2022. Activating 2FA can stop cyber criminals from accessing your account, even if they get your password.
- Log in to ATB Personal using your username and password.
- If you’re using a temporary password provided by our Client Care team, you’ll be prompted to reset your password.
- You may be prompted to enrol in two-factor authentication. If so, skip to step 7. If not...
- From the Overview screen, click on your name in the top right of the screen to access the Profile menu.
- From the Profile menu, click Profile & Settings.
- Or click the Security link under Profile & Settings.
- On the Security settings screen, click Manage 2FA.
- On the 2FA introduction screen (Securing your account), click Enrol.
- On the following 2FA setup screen, enter your Phone number and a Phone Nickname.
- Select a passcode delivery method: Text message (mobile only) or Automated phone call.
- Or you can click the Unable to verify by phone? link toward the bottom of the screen to enrol in 2FA using email.
- Click Send code.
- You will then receive a one-time passcode through the delivery method you chose. This code will expire after five minutes.
- On the following screen, enter that six-digit code.
- Click Submit.
- If you didn’t receive the code or your code expired, click Send new code to get a new one.
- You’re all done!