We’ll take you step-by-step through everything you need to know when starting a business in Alberta.
Staying on top of small business income taxes
Presented by the ATB Entrepreneur Centre
By ATB Financial 15 October 2020
As an entrepreneur, it's helpful to understand tax strategies that maximize business income tax deductions and filing requirements to avoid interest and penalties.
During this 60 minute webinar, Vartika Satija covers Canadian income tax questions related to running a business including:
- Which Canadian income tax return do you need for your small business?
- How to comply with Canadian tax standards as a sole proprietor versus a corporation?
- What business expenses are legitimate Canadian income tax deductions?
- Can you claim expenses on income tax without receipts?
- What are the Canadian small business corporate tax rates, including tax rates for provinces and territories?
- When must Canadian corporate income tax returns be filed? What happens if not filed on time?
- What are the chances of corporation being audited by Canada Revenue Agency?