Before you apply
Should I apply for a donation or a sponsorship?
Donations are financial contributions to a charitable organization based on the benefit to the community and without expectation of a return on investment.
Sponsorships are strategic partnerships negotiated with an organization or event planner to build goodwill and grow brand recognition. While the activity may support a charitable cause, ATB receives negotiated recognition. We sponsor events primarily for marketing purposes.
We support organizations and causes that uplift the wellbeing of Albertans, and who are working to advance the following:
- Mental health
- Inclusive communities
- Innovation in children & youth
- Financial wellbeing
- Sustainable development
We like to see:
- Applications from organizations whose primary activities uplift Alberta and Albertans.
- Measurable outputs and outcomes associated with your organization and initiative.
We do not make donations to the following:
- Conferences, forums, trade shows, conventions or seminars
- Fundraising events or capital campaigns
- Film, video, television, book and digital productions (reach out to the Branch for Arts & Culture for creative financing options)
- Individuals or individual pursuits
- Political, lobbying, or advocacy groups and events
- Clubs and associations funded through fees
- Religious activities
- Sports teams, competitions and tournaments
- Student or alumni associations
- Projects that are part of the ongoing responsibility of governments (eg. school operations, health programs, municipal programs, etc.)