An overview of (and creating) Roles and Users on ATB Business
Learn how Roles and Users work on the ATB Business online banking platform, and how to create them.
An overview of Roles and Users
In ATB Business, click Admin in the main navigation, then click Roles, Users or Audit Trail. You can tab between all three on the Administration page.
A Role includes a group of Users who all have the same permissions and responsibilities in ATB Business, while a User is an individual person within your company that is assigned to a Role.
When you look at the Roles tab, you can see any previously created roles as well as a related Description, the number of Users assigned, the role's Status and when these roles were Last updated. Clicking on a role, you'll be able to see that role’s details, including access to Accounts and associated Services and Permissions. Learn more about editing roles.
The Users tab will give list all of the Users, or individuals, from your company who’ve been added to ATB Business. They’ll be listed by Name, Username, Company, their Enrollment status and which Role they're assigned to.
Creating a Role
- In the Roles tab, click the Create role button at the top-right of the table.
- On the New Role page, under Role information, enter the Role name and optional Role description, then click Next.
- On the Services & Permissions settings page, you’ll see an overview of all of the possible services and permissions that can be enabled and customized for this role. Just select the checkboxes to enable desired abilities for that role.
For example, when you click Interac e-Transfers, under Send, you’ll see a list of the accounts the company has with ATB Business. By clicking the checkboxes under Send from, you’re enabling Users associated with this role to send transfers from these accounts.
At the bottom of this screen, under Interac e-Transfers Send Permissions, you’ll be able to create Interac e-Transfer Send limits and approval rules. You can choose whether you want to set the Approval rule for this action to No approval, Single approval, Dual approval or Deny when an individual transaction exceeds a certain dollar amount or if the daily total amount exceeds a certain dollar amount. On the right, you can choose choose which roles have the ability to review and approve transactions exceeding these defined limits.
- When you’ve finished assigning all the Services & Permissions for this role, click the Next.
- This will take you to a page where you can review and verify all of the Services & Permissions assigned to this role. You can make changes by clicking various edit links on the page or by clicking the Previous button. Once you’re happy with everything, click Complete. A banner will appear indicating that you’ve successfully created the role.
If approvals aren’t required to verify the edits you’ve made, then the changes will be immediate. Otherwise, the changes will take effect when the notified approver gives the go ahead—this will be indicated in the banner.
Creating a User
- In the Users tab, click the Create user button at the top-right of the table.
- On the New User page, under User information, enter a Username, First name, Last name and Email.
- Click Check username to make sure that the username hasn’t been taken already. When you’re done, click Next.
- Assign the new user to an existing role. Select the desire role from the list and click Next.
- Verify the user details. If you need to make any edits, click Previous. If everything looks good, click Create User. A banner will appear letting you know that the user has been successfully created. You’ll have the option to Create another user or click Done. The new user will get an email inviting them to create their password and log in to the platform.
Interac e-Transfer is a registered Trademark of Interac Corp. Used under license.