How to set approval rules for the Corporate Admin on ATB Business
Learn how to set approval rules for the Corporate Admin role on the ATB Business online banking platform.
Approval rules for the Corporate Admin role
Companies in ATB Business have one Corporate Admin. They’re the user that maintains Roles, Users and their Services & Permissions access in the ATB Business platform. The Corporate Admin role is subject to workflow approval rules if they’ve been set at the business level by ATB. This would usually happen when the account is first set up or when there are any major changes to how the company is set up for online banking.
It's very important that, when there’s an approval rule in place, roles are selected to approve actions made by the Corporate Admin role. If a Corporate Admin goes to either create a transaction or manage users and roles without these approver roles selected, then a workflow will be generated that nobody can see or take action on.
Let’s review how to set up and edit approval rules for the Corporate Admin role:
- In ATB Business, click Admin in the main navigation, then click Roles.
- From the list of roles displayed, click the Corporate Admin role.
- Click Services & Permissions to see an overview of all of the services and permissions assigned to this role. Click through the different sections listed on the left to see the associated Approval rules.
- Click Administration to see if any Approval rules have been set. If not, click Edit role.
- Click Next to skip changing the Role name and Role description (unless you want to edit these as well).
- Return to Administration permissions and select the roles to which you want approvals sent to when a Corporate Admin performs an action to Manage users or Manage roles. Any time the Corporate Admin makes changes to Roles or Users, it will trigger a workflow for all users assigned to the roles you selected.
Now, let’s take a look at how this same process works for a payment function, like Interac e-Transfer®:
- Under Interac e-Transfers, click Send. Under Interac e-Transfers Send Permissions, you’ll see the approval rules set for the Corporate Admin role.
- Select the roles that can approve an e-Transfer made by the Corporate Admin. Click the checkbox beside the role(s) you want to give approval authority.
- When you're done, click Next. This will take you to a verification screen where you can see all of the changes that you've made to that role. Click Save edits to confirm.
- Now, when you review the Services & Permissions for the Corporate Admin role, you can see that those roles have been selected.
The approval rules for all the other payment functionalities under Services & Permissions will look the same and can generally be edited in the same way.
INTERAC e-Transfer is a registered trademark of Interac Corp. Used under license.