Learn how to add payees and pay bills using the ATB Personal app.
How to add payees and pay bills on ATB Personal
Learn how to add payees and pay Canadian bills (and your USD Mastercard®) quickly and easily on the ATB Personal banking website.
Making payments on your credit card, utilities or any other Canadian bills is fast, simple and secure with ATB Personal. You can also pay your USD Mastercard bill from either a USD or CAD account. We recommend making bill payments at least 2-3 business days before a bill comes due. This allows for the company you’re paying to process your payment.
- Log in to ATB Personal.
- From the Overview screen, click Move Money in the primary navigation.
- Or you can click the Pay bill quick link under any deposit account.
- From the Move Money menu, click Bill payments.
- On the Bill payments screen, in the One-time payment tab, select the account you want to make the payment From.
- Select the company (or payee) you want to send payment To.
- Skip to step 7
- If you need to add a payee:
- Click the Add payee link.
- Or, from the More menu, click Manage contacts.
- On the Manage contacts screen, in the Payees tab, click Add payee.
- Or click Payees in the left navigation on any Bill payments move money screen.
- Make sure you have the official name of the company you want to pay and your account number with them—you can find both of these on your regular billing statement from them.
- In the Search for payees field, type the first three characters of the supplier or creditor's name (the 'payee'). Suggestions will automatically populate. Helpful hint: cities or towns will be listed as "City of…", "Town of…"
- Select the name of the payee you want to add.
- On the Add payee screen, enter your Account number with that company.
- A payee Nickname will be applied automatically—you can change it if you want.
- Click Add payee.
- To help ensure the security of your online banking, you may be challenged to verify your identity using two-factor authentication.
- Note: if you've paid a bill at one of our branches or with our Client Care team over the phone, ATB Personal should reflect any payees you added through these channels.
- Click the Add payee link.
- Enter the Amount you want to pay.
a. Whichever currency you choose to enter the amount in (CAD or
USD), the converted amount will automatically be shown in the
other currency along with the quoted exchange rate.
b. If you change your selections of From account and To payee, the
order of related amount inputs will change along with the
associated exchange rate.
c. If you’d selected an ATB Mastercard as the payee, you’ll be
presented with quick payment options to make your payment
- Leave the pay date (When) as is or schedule a one-time payment in the future by changing the date.
a. You can also schedule recurring payments.
- Click Next.
- Review and verify the bill payment details.
- Click Pay bill to complete the payment.
- You’re all done!
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under licence.