Learn how to add payees and pay bills using the ATB Personal banking website.
How to add payees and pay bills on the ATB Personal app
Learn how to add payees and pay Canadian bills (and your USD Mastercard®) quickly and easily on the ATB Personal banking app.
Making payments on your credit card, utilities or any other Canadian bills is fast, simple and secure with ATB Personal. You can also pay your USD Mastercard® bill from either a USD or CAD account. We recommend making bill payments at least 2-3 business days before a bill comes due, to allow for processing time by the company you’re paying.
- Log in to your ATB Personal app.
- From the Overview screen, tap Move money in the primary navigation.
- From the Move money menu, tap Pay a bill.
- Or tap the Pay bill quick link under any deposit account.
- On the Pay a Bill screen, in the One-time payment tab, select the account you want to make the payment From.
- Select the company (payee) you want to send payment To.
- If the selected payee account is in USD (e.g. US Dollar Mastercard), multiple amount inputs will appear.
- Skip to step 7.
- If you need to add a payee:
- Tap the Add link.
- i. Or, from the More menu, tap Manage contacts.
- ii. In the Payees tab, tap +Add payee.
- Be sure to have the official name of the company you want to pay and your account number with them; you can find both of these on your regular billing statement.
- In the Search for payees field, type the first three characters of the supplier or creditor's name (the ‘payee’); suggestions will automatically populate; helpful hint: cities or towns will be listed as City of…, Town of...
- Select the name of the payee you want to add.
- On the Add Payee screen, enter your Account number with that company.
- A short version of the payee name will be applied automatically; you can enter an optional Nickname if you prefer.
- Tap Add.
- To help ensure the security of your online banking, you may be challenged to verify your identity using two-factor authentication.
- Note that if you've paid a bill at one of our branches or with our Client Care team over the phone, ATB Personal should reflect any payees you added through these channels.
- Tap the Add link.
- Enter the Amount you want to pay.
- Whichever currency you choose to enter the amount in (CAD or USD), the converted amount will automatically be shown in the other currency along with the quoted exchange rate.
- If you change your selections of From account and To payee, the order of related amount inputs will change along with the associated exchange rate.
- If you’d selected an ATB Mastercard (CAD) as the payee, you’ll be presented with quick payment options to make your payment even faster.
- Leave the pay date (When) as is or schedule a one-time payment in the future by changing the date.
- Cross-currency payments cannot be scheduled for future dates.
- You can also schedule recurring payments.
- Tap Submit.
- Review and verify the bill payment details.
- Tap Pay bill to complete the payment.
- You're all done!