We specialize in solutions for managing and eliminating the risks that our clients face due to changing commodity prices and interest rates.
ATB offers a full slate of energy commodity and interest rate products to help Alberta businesses grow, from the simplest strategies to the most complex, structured products.
This, combined with our local team of trusted experts and our deep liquidity across major markets, lets us create financial certainty for businesses of any size. We draw on decades of experience and a deep understanding of the needs and exposures of our clients to craft hedging strategies that boost margin stability and tradable commodities.
Plus, as providers of a full suite of financial products, we’re able to provide integrated strategic guidance across foreign exchange, commodities and interest rate issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have significant experience in the following areas.
- Natural gas: Nymex AECO, Station 2, Sumas, Chicago, Dawn, Malin
- Crude oil: WTI, WCS, SW, Dated Brent, Ice Brent
- Alberta power
- Natural gas liquids
- Iron ore
- Fixed price swaps and options
- Basis swaps
- Structured options
- Three ways
Interest rate products
- Floating to fixed interest rate swaps (in CAD and USD against CDOR and LIBOR)
- Cross currency swaps
- Options structures (including but not limited to caps, floors and collars)