Diane Pettie is a retired lawyer (Q.C.) and certified Corporate Director (ICD.D). She brings 35 years of legal practice with executive and corporate governance experience to board discussions.
Diane served as General Counsel & Corporate Secretary of TSX-listed Canexus Corporation, a chemical manufacturing company ; as Assistant Vice President at Sempra Energy Trading; as Associate General Counsel at Mirant Corporation; as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Pan-Alberta Gas Ltd.; and as Manager, Legal Services at TransCanada.
Diane has her Juris Doctorate from the University of Alberta and is a Fellow of the Chartered Governance Institute of Canada. She was honoured with a Queen’s Counsel appointment, and was awarded the designation of ICD.D by the Institute of Corporate Directors.
She chairs the Governance and Conduct Review Committee and sits on the Human Resources Committee.
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission
- Women in Law Leadership
- Society of Management Accountants of Alberta
- Accountants Unification Joint Venture Board
- Association of Women Lawyers
- Law Society of Alberta (Audit Committee)
- Calgary Region Arts Foundation