Online banking security guarantee
We take security seriously at ATB Financial. We’re committed to protecting your financial information and your privacy. We’ve built extensive security features into ATB Online & Mobile Banking to make banking with us both safe and private.
And we put our money where our mouth is. For personal banking clients, we’ll repay 100% of any money you lose as a result of online fraud if you follow a few simple guidelines.
What we do
We're committed to keeping your online and mobile transactions as safe as possible. Through ATB Enhanced Security, we’ve developed extensive security features:
- Two-factor authentication
- 128-bit encryption and Webtrust certificates
- 24-hour security monitoring
- Session timeouts to automatically close your session after a set period of inactivity
- Continually updated virus and malware detection software
What you do
To rest easy about online fraud, all you need to do is follow a few simple guidelines. Do that and you’ll be repaid for any money lost due to online fraud.
We also strongly recommend signing up for Enhanced Security and setting up two-factor authentication and biometric access for your accounts. These small actions offer protection beyond passwords and can save you big trouble.
What you need to do:
- Review your statements and tell us about any errors within the times set out in your account agreement.
- Use strong passwords and change them often.
- Immediately notify us at 1-800-332-8383 and change your password if you think your account has been compromised or your device is lost or stolen.
- Help us with any investigations we make into improper access to your account.
- Keep the operating system and antivirus software on the device(s) you use for online banking current.
- Log out from your online account as soon as you’re done.
- Beware of phishing emails and texts from fraudsters impersonating legitimate organizations.
What not to do:
- Never share your username or password with anyone. Don’t let anyone (especially a stranger) use the device(s) you use for online banking.
- Don’t pick an obvious password for your account, like your birthday, account number or telephone number. Don’t write your online banking passwords down anywhere.
- Unless they are joint owners of the account, don’t let anyone else access your account or add their biometric information to your account.
The full details on your responsibilities for this guarantee can be found in your Client Agreement.