How to send money by INTERAC e-Transfer® on ATB Personal
Learn how to add recipients and send money to a Canadian person or business quickly and securely by INTERAC e-Transfer on the ATB Personal banking app.
You can transfer money by Interac e-Transfer to anyone with a Canadian bank account. All you need is their email address—no cash or cheque required. It's a simple, secure and almost-instant way to send money in ATB Personal.
- Log in to your ATB Personal app
- To use Interac e-Transfer features, you must first create your profile
- You’ll be informed of this if you attempt an Interac e-Transfer action without having a profile set up
- If you have already created a profile, skip to step 4
- Otherwise, to create an Interac® profile:
- From the Overview screen, tap More in the primary navigation
- From the More menu, tap Interac e-Transfer preferences
- From the Interac e-Transfer Preferences screen, tap Create profile
- On the Create Profile screen, enter your Name and Email address
- Tap Save
- From the Overview screen, tap Move money in the primary navigation
- Alternatively, tap the Transfer quick link under any deposit account then tap Send by Interac e-Transfer
- From the Move money menu, tap Send by Interac e-Transfer
- On the Transfer screen, select the account you want to send money From
- Select the person or business (recipient) you want to send money To
- Skip to step 9
- If you need to add a recipient:
- Tap the Add link
- i. Alternatively, from the More menu, tap Manage contacts
- ii. In the Recipients tab, tap +Add recipient
- On the Add Recipient screen, enter the intended Recipient name and Recipient email address
- Tap Next
- Enter a Security question - Your recipient will need to answer this in order to accept money by Interac e-Transfer. Helpful hint: create an effective question (max. 40 characters long) that cannot be guessed, and that only you and the recipient can answer correctly. If you need to share the answer to a security question with your recipient, send it through text message or over the phone, not email, for increased security.
- Enter the Security Answer (single word, 3-25 characters long)
- If you want to save this recipient to your list for future reference, ensure Save recipient to contacts is toggled ON (appears in transaction flow only)
- Tap Add recipient
- To help ensure the security of your online banking, you may be challenged to verify your identity using two-factor authentication.
- Tap the Add link
- Enter the Amount of money you want to send; currently there is a daily maximum of $5,000 that can be sent by Interac e-Transfer
- If you want, enter a Message (400 characters max, letters, numbers and spaces only) for the recipient; this message should not include the security answer
- Tap Submit
- Review all information entered for accuracy and tap Send to complete the transfer
- You will then be shown a confirmation screen, which means you're all done!
Interac e-Transfer is a registered trade-mark and the Interac logo is a trade-mark of Interac Corp. Used under licence.