Learn how to send money in Canada by INTERAC e-Transfer® using the ATB Personal banking website.
How to send money in Canada by INTERAC e-Transfer® on ATB Personal using the app
Learn how to add recipients and send money to a Canadian person or business quickly and securely by INTERAC e-Transfer on the ATB Personal banking app.
You can transfer money by Interac e-Transfer to anyone with a Canadian bank account. All you need is their email address—no cash or cheque required. It's a simple, secure and almost-instant way to send money in ATB Personal.
- Log in to your ATB Personal app.
- To use Interac e-Transfer features, you must first create your profile.
- You’ll be prompted to do this if you try to make an Interac e-Transfer action without one.
- If you already have a profile, skip to step 4.
- To create an Interac profile:
- From the Overview screen, tap More in the primary navigation.
- From the More menu, tap Interac® preferences.
- From the Interac® Preferences screen, tap Create profile.
- On the Create Profile screen, enter your Name and Email address.
- Tap Save.
- From the Overview screen, tap Move money in the primary navigation.
- Or tap the Transfer quick link under any deposit account then tap Send by Interac e-Transfer.
- From the Move money menu, tap Interac e-Transfer®.
- From the Interac e-Transfer® menu, tap Send money.
- On the Transfer screen, select the account you want to send money From.
- Select the person or business (recipient) you want to send money To.
- Skip to step 9.
- If you need to add a recipient:
- Tap the Add link.
- i. Or, from the More menu, tap Manage contacts.
- ii. In the Recipients tab, tap +Add recipient.
- On the Add Recipient screen, enter the intended Recipient name and Recipient email address.
- Tap Next.
- Enter a Security question - Your recipient will need to answer this in order to accept money by Interac e-Transfer. Helpful hint: create an effective question (max. 40 characters long) that cannot be guessed, and that only you and the recipient can answer correctly. Do not communicate the answer to your recipient by text message, chat or email.
- Enter the Security Answer (single word, 3-25 characters long).
- If you want to save this recipient to your list for future reference, ensure Save recipient to contacts is toggled ON (appears in transaction flow only).
- Tap Add recipient.
- To help ensure the security of your online banking, you may be challenged to verify your identity using two-factor authentication.
- Tap the Add link.
- Enter the Amount of money you want to send; currently there is a daily maximum of $5,000 that can be sent by Interac e-Transfer.
- If you want, enter a Message (400 characters max, letters, numbers and spaces only) for the recipient; this message should not include the security answer.
- Tap Submit.
- Review all information entered for accuracy and tap Send to complete the transfer.
- You will then be shown a confirmation screen, which means you're all done!
Interac e-Transfer is a registered trade-mark and the Interac logo is a trade-mark of Interac Corp. Used under licence.