This card works as hard for you as you've worked for your business.
Enjoy no-bull earning
Earn 1.5 rewards points for every dollar in purchases. No tricky tiers, calculations, limits or expiry dates.
Redeem your way
The sky's the limit. Redeem points for travel, merchandise, and much more. Pay with points, cash, or both.
Customized limit, low minimum payment
A flexible, customized credit limit to meet your business needs with only 3% of your balance as a minimum monthly repayment rate.
Purchase with confidence
Your purchases are protected by Mastercard® Zero-Liability, Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty.
Relax while travelling
Enjoy inclusive travel coverages, like trip cancellation and travel medical, in case there's a hiccup on your trip.
Save on car rentals
Be business trip prepared. Get up to 25% off car rentals through Avis® or Budget® when you pay with your card.
Key product details
|Interest rates||See current rates|
|Rewards||1.5 points/$1 purchase Explore the possibilities with our Rewards Calculator.|
|Coverage|| Car Rental Accidental Death & Dismemberment1
Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver1
Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment1
Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty1
Travel Emergency Medical1
Trip Interruption & Cancellation1 See FAQs for more details.
|Car rental discounts||Enjoy up to 25% off car rental rates at Avis® and Budget®. See FAQs for more details.|
Frequently Asked Questions
The biggest benefit of having a separate business credit card is the ability to separate business and personal purchases. You could also save a lot of money in interest and have lower minimum payments. If you're collecting rewards, you'll be able to transfer points between your business and personal Mastercard® so you can redeem faster for what you want most.
For most new businesses, we collect personal and financial information. If you have an established business, we review the financial statements and results associated with that business. For established businesses, we'll also require information for individuals that own 25% or more of the company, or information about directors if it's a corporation. All personal and financial information we collect is to support the application.
You definitely do! Here's a list of all of the coverage you receive with your Alberta Rewards Businesscard™.
- Car Rental Accidental Death & Dismemberment: When you use your card to purchase the full cost of a rental car, receive up to $150,000 per insured person who has sustained an injury while using the rental vehicle.
- Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver: When you use your card to purchase the full cost of a rental car, receive up to 48 days of collision damage waiver coverage and personal effects insurance coverage up to $1,000 per insured person.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment: When you use your card to purchase the full cost of common carrier travel, receive up to $500,000 if a covered loss occurs while occupying a common carrier.
- Delayed Luggage: When you charge the full cost of your ticket to your card, if your checked luggage is delayed for more than four hours at your destination, you may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $500 to purchase essential items.
- Flight Delay: When you charge the full cost of your ticket to your card, if your flight is delayed by at least 4 hours, you may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $500 for necessary and reasonable expenses.
- Hotel/Motel Burglary: When you charge the full cost of your Hotel/Motel room to your card, you will be covered up to $1,000 for theft of most personal items, for the period of time between Check In and Check Out, within Canada and the United States.
- Purchase Assurance & Extended Warranty: When you use your card to purchase eligible new items, protect against damage or theft for up to 90 days, and double the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year.
- Travel Emergency Medical: Receive up to $1 million of emergency medical coverage if sudden and unexpected illness or accidental injury should occur; coverage is automatically provided for eligible persons under 65 years of age for up to eight consecutive days.
- Trip Cancellation: When the full cost of your trip is charged to your card, you’ll be covered up to $1,000 per insured person (maximum of $5,000) if an illness, injury or other covered cause prevents you from starting your trip.
- Trip Interruption: When the full cost of your trip is charged to your card you’ll be covered up to $1,000 per insured person (maximum of $5,000) if an illness, injury or other covered cause prevents you from continuing your trip.
You'll be able to enjoy up to 25% off car rental rates at Avis® and Budget® when you pay with your Alberta Businesscard™.
Use your Alberta Businesscard and quote AWD #C376000 at participating Avis locations or BCD #A369800 at participating Budget locations. To reserve with Avis, visit avis.com/atb or call 1-800-879-2847.
To reserve with Budget, visit budget.com/atb or call 1-800-268-8900.
This policy ensures that you won't be liable for unauthorized purchases made on your Mastercard®, provided that you have taken measures to protect your card credentials (passwords and PIN) and that you report the unauthorized transactions as soon as you notice them.
First, remember to document as much information as you can, especially while travelling. File a police report where necessary. If you've been in a car accident, always collect information on the other vehicle and its driver.
To make a claim, contact the claims administrator at 1-866-305-0888 within 48 hours of the incident.
You can redeem online at www.atbmybusinessrewards.com and purchase items with points, cash, or a combination of both.
- Travel: book a flight, hotel, and/or car rental online with points, cash, or a combination. No blackout dates and no travel categories. Simply exchange points for the exact cost of your trip.
- Gift Cards: treat an employee, a customer, or yourself.
- Statement credit: exchange points for a cash credit on your statement.
- Merchandise: browse our catalogue for hundreds of great items and check out our featured sales.
- Alberta's Own: check out unique Alberta products and experiences for your next "staycation."
- Transfer: send your points to another rewards account holder, or transfer to your personal rewards account.
- Deposits: redeem your points for a cash deposit into your business savings or chequing account.
- Investments: use My Rewards® to purchase an investment like an RRSP.
- Charity: redeem your points to support your favourite charity.
New purchases made to your card qualify to earn rewards. Cash advances and cash-like transactions (balance transfers, Mastercard® cheques and gambling) don't earn rewards. If a refund for a purchase is processed to your Mastercard, the value will be deducted from your rewards account.
Ready to get started?
Make the most of your business spending with the Alberta Rewards Businesscard™.
Find the right Mastercard for your business.
Coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) and/or American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABLAC, ABIC, their subsidiaries and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®.
Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card, and online at atb.com.
Details of insurance coverages, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card.
Related documents: Mastercard Rates & Fees (PDF), Alberta Rewards Businesscard Mastercard Booklet
Gambling, balance transfers, and Mastercard® cheques are not eligible to earn reward points.
® Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under licence.
Businesscard is a trademark of ATB Financial
©2011 AvisCar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Avis® is a registered trademark licensed to AvisCar, Inc. for use in Canada.
©2011 Budgetcar Inc. All Rights Reserved. Budget® is a registered trademark licensed to Budgetcar Inc. for use in Canada.