A Mastercard that matches your sense of adventure.
Get the points
Earn 10 points on every dollar you spend, with no limits on how many points you can earn and no expiration dates on your rewards.
Use all you've earned
Redeem points at ATB My Rewards®, and use toward travel, merchandise or cash rewards. To access rewards sooner, just pay the difference.
Enjoy travellers' perks
Drive at a discount
Get up to 25% off car rentals at participating Avis® and Budget® locations when you pay with your ATB Financial Rewards Mastercard.
Protect your purchases
Protect eligible purchases against damage, loss or theft for up to 90 days. Double the original manufacturer's warranty up to 1 extra year.1
Protect yourself while travelling
Get up to 31 days of collision damage waiver coverage, plus personal effects coverage up to $1,000 per insured person when renting a car. Up to $300,000 if a covered accident occurs while traveling in a common carrier.1
Frequently Asked Questions
You're eligible to apply for a Gold My Rewards Travel Mastercard if you meet all the following criteria:
- You are a resident of Alberta
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have not declared personal bankruptcy in the past five years
- You intend to use the card for personal use only
Yes. You can apply for this card with a co-applicant and use it jointly. Both co-applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and both applicants will be jointly responsible for the account.
There are two different kinds of insurance and one benefit program you can access when you use your card to purchase the full cost of a car rental or common carrier (i.e. a commercial entity that gets paid to transport goods or people) travel:
- Car Rental Collision/Damage Waiver insurance1: Receive up to 31 days of collision damage waiver coverage, plus personal effects insurance coverage up to $1,000 per insured person.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment1: Insurance benefits of up to $300,000 if covered loss occurs while occupying a common carrier.
- Car Rental Accidental Death & Dismemberment1: Insurance benefits of up to $225,000 if covered loss occurs while occupying a rental car.
You also have access to 24/7 assistance and advice for lost luggage or documents, ticket replacements and legal referrals when travelling outside Alberta.2
You also have Flight Delay and Delayed Luggage insurance when you charge the full cost of your ticket to your card:
- Flight Delay Insurance1: If your flight is delayed by at least 4 hours, you, your spouse and your dependent children may be eligible for reimbursement of necessary and reasonable expenses incurred within 48 hours of the delay or denied booking to a limit of $250 per day and $500 per trip.
- Delayed Luggage Insurance1: If your checked luggage is delayed for more than 4 hours at your destination, you, your spouse and your dependent children may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $250 per day for up to 2 days to purchase essential items.
Finally, with the Gold My Rewards Travel Mastercard, you can take advantage of Purchase Assurance & Extended Warranty.1 When you use your card to purchase eligible new items, this insurance protects against damage or theft for up to 90 days and doubles the original manufacturer's warranty up to one additional year.
If you have a question about your insurance, you can call your administrator at 1-866-305-0888.
To make a claim, contact Assurant® (the claims administrator) at 1-866-305-0888 within 48 hours of the incident.
Make a practice of documenting as much information as you can, especially while travelling. If you've been in a car accident, make sure that you collect information on the other vehicle and other driver. File a police report when necessary.
Ready to get started?
Travel smarter with a Gold My Rewards Travel Mastercard.
Find the right rewards Mastercard for you.
Coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) and/or American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC). ABLAC and ABIC, their subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®. Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card, and online at atb.com.
Travel Assistance Services are not insurance but services provided by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. Coverage details are in the Travel Assistance Services statement.
Gambling, balance transfers, cash advances, and Mastercard cheques are not eligible to earn reward points.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under license.
Avis is a registered trademark licensed to AvisCar, Inc. for use in Canada.
Budget is a registered trademark licensed to Budgetcar Inc. for use in Canada.
MY REWARDS is a registered trademark of ATB Financial.