Top things you need to know for your 2022 tax return
Learn where to find your tax documents, our mailing schedule for tax receipts and forms, how to pay taxes to the CRA and more for the 2022 tax season.
By ATB Financial 23 January 2023 2 min read
It’s the time of year for combing through drawers and filing cabinets to find everything you need to prepare your taxes. It’s also when Albertans reach out to us asking about TFSA contribution room, RRSP deduction limits and tax receipts. We love talking to you, but how about we save you a call?
Here are the top things you need to know to handle your 2022 tax return with confidence.
Where to find your personal RRSP deduction limit and available contribution room
Personal RRSP deduction limit:
- on your RRSP Deduction Limit Statement provided by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- by signing in to MyCRA or calling 1-800-267-6999
How to find your individual TFSA contribution room
By signing in to MyCRA or calling 1-800-267-6999.
Looking for your ATB Wealth documents?
ATB Wealth slips and receipts have different mailing dates than those for ATB Financial. Here are instructions on how to find your ATB Prosper tax documents and how to view investment statements with ATB Investor Connect.
Wondering when we’ll be mailing tax forms to customers?
Check out our tax slip forms mailing schedule below (just keep in mind the mail can take about 5-7 business days to arrive):
|Tax Receipts||-||Estimated Mail Date|
|RSPOR||RSP Official Receipt - Remainder of 2022, First 60 days of 2023||02/10/2023|
|FDDOR||Fixed Date Deposit Receipt||02/10/2023|
|RIFOR||RIF Official Receipt||Printed Monday weekly from January 9 to March 6 2023|
|Tax Slips||-||Estimated Mail Date|
|T5||Statement of Investment Income||02/10/2023|
|T4A||Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income (RESP)||02/10/2023|
|T4RIF||Statement of RRIF Income||02/10/2023|
|T4RSP||Statement of RRSP Income||02/10/2023|
|NR4||Statement of Amount Paid or Credited to a Non-Resident of Canada||02/10/2023|
Want to set up a direct deposit for your tax return?
Get your tax refund sooner with direct deposit. You can set it up on ATB Personal.
Need to add the CRA as a payee for your tax payment?
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Log in to ATB Personal.
- From the Accounts screen, click Pay Bills in the primary navigation.
- From the One-time Payment screen, click Manage Payees in the secondary navigation.
- On the Manage Payees screen, under Add Payee, type CRA. A drop-down menu will appear with related payee suggestions.
- Select CRA REVENUE [Current Tax Year] TAX RETURN PERSONAL (e.g. CRA REVENUE 2022 TAX RETURN PERSONAL).
- Click Next.
- On the Add Payee screen, enter your Social Insurance Number (SIN) for Account Number.
- You can change the automatically generated Payee Nickname if you'd like.
If you have any questions, reach out to our Client Care team.
Save 20% on TurboTax