Send guaranteed payments in over 25 currencies, up to $1B.
Maintain security and control
Optimize your payments by customizing your user access, workflow approvals and work tasks.
Guaranteed funds mean you can have confidence that your payments have been sent and received.
Include additional transaction information
Add additional details with your payment, like invoice numbers, to confirm the accuracy of your transaction with your recipient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wires are the ideal payment type for:
- Sending important large dollar, time-sensitive payments to suppliers, business partners or employees
- Sending money outside of Canada
- Sending money in a currency other than CAD or USD
- Ensuring that the money sent is irrevocable, allowing the beneficiary immediate access to funds, once received by their financial institution, without concern regarding possible reversal or return.
Interac e-Transfer® may be a better alternative for amounts under $10,000, sent within Canada.
From your beneficiary (the person or business you’re sending money to):
An exact match to what’s on their account
A physical (street) address. PO Boxes, reservations, and military bases are not accepted.
- Account number
- Routing number(s)
One of the following:
- SWIFT code - can be used for any wire, internationally, including those sent with Canada or the United States
- Transit and institution number - for Canadian wires
- Fedwire or ABA number - for American wires
ATB Business Online ensures that all wires are automatically checked before being sent.
If the correct routing and account information has been provided, you can safely assume that your wire has gone through successfully.
On the Confirmation screen, you will see your wire status as one of the following:
- Awaiting Approval
- Guaranteed delivery the same day, provided time limits are met and all information provided is accurate.
- On Canadian bank holidays, wires are processed the next business day.
US or global destinations:
- Delivery times vary by country and financial institution. Typically, wires will arrive within 48hrs, but in some (rare) cases, wires can take up to 7 business days to arrive.