INTERAC e-Transfer® for Business now offers account number routing.
You can now receive funds directly to your ATB account number from businesses whose financial institutions support the new INTERAC e-Transfer for Business functionality.
To receive money to your ATB account number, you’ll be asked to provide your name, transit number, institution number and account number. When providing account information, always be mindful of the risk of cyber theft and payment fraud.
The ability to send funds to a recipient's account number from your ATB account will be available in 2022.
Until then, you can continue to send an Interac e-Transfer to a recipient's phone number or email address.
ATB is actively working to bring you the full enhanced functionality of Interac e-Transfer for Business in 2022. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Greater visibility, flexibility and simplicity in records management by sending payments using account numbers.
- Immediate access to funds thanks to real time processing and payment confirmation.
- Information can be attached to payments, resulting in rich remittance data and improved integration with software that has implemented ISO 20022.
- Receiving rich remittance data will be available on select ATB banking platforms in August 2021, including ATB Business online, and the ATB Business and ATB Personal apps.
- Higher transaction limits will allow you to send payments at a lower cost per transaction than traditional wire and cheque payments.
Payments are changing, and we’re on board.
ATB is committed to payment modernisation, and bringing our clients new functionality for Interac e-Transfer for Business is just the beginning. Learn more about the future of payments in Canada.
The Interac logo and Interac e-Transfer are registered trade-marks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.