Mastercard® Identity Check™
The easier and more convenient way to help prevent fraud on your account.
Let’s face it, remembering passwords isn’t easy, and resetting them can be a pain. As a result, many people either forget their passwords, or use an easy-to-remember password that may not be very secure. When you’re using your credit card to make online purchases, having an insecure password can spell trouble.
Mastercard Identity Check makes checking out at participating online merchants simple, yet very secure. Instead of using a password to validate an online ATB Mastercard purchase, we’ll send a unique, one-time use passcode to your phone so you can authorize an online purchase.
Here’s how it works:
- When you shop with a participating online merchant, you’ll be prompted to enter a unique, one-time passcode.
- You can then indicate whether you’d like to receive the passcode.
- Confirm your purchase and complete your checkout by entering the passcode you received via SMS text or an automated phone call.
- If you don't have a phone number associated with your Mastercard account, then you can receive the passcode via the email on your account.
- The purchase will be authorized with the merchant, and your purchase transaction will be approved.
Voila! No passwords to remember, and it’s still simple and secure.
Mastercard Identity Check uses the mobile number and/or email address we have on file. Give us a call at 1-888-282-5678 if you’d like to double-check that we have your current contact information on your Mastercard account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some troubleshooting steps:
- If you chose to receive your passcode via SMS text, double check that you are properly connected to your mobile carrier network. If you are roaming on another network, you may experience a delay in receiving an SMS message.
- If you don't have a phone number associated with your Mastercard account and have chosen to receive your passcode via email, please check your spam folder. To avoid having your passcode sent to your spam folder, add email@example.com to your contacts list.
- If neither of the above resolves the issue, please call ATB at 1-800-332-8383 so we can help get your transaction to go through.
For security reasons, your passcode can only be sent to the contact information we have on file. If you’d like to change the email address, phone number, or SMS text number options, please contact ATB Client Care at 1-800-332-8383 and ask to update your ATB Mastercard personal information.
You’ll be prompted to select from two options to receive a temporary passcode: SMS, or an automated phone call. If you’re unable to receive the passcode at any of these options, you can phone 1-800-332-8383 and ask for an ATB team member to help you complete your Identity Check transaction with your ATB Mastercard. If you don't have a phone number associated with your Mastercard account, then you can receive the passcode at the email address associated with your account.
There’s two ways you’ll know if your message it legitimate:
- Whether or not you’re making a digital (online or mobile) purchase. If you receive an email or SMS text with a temporary passcode, but haven’t used your ATB Mastercard, please contact ATB immediately at 1-800-332-8383 to report suspicious activity.
- The second step is to check the sender. Emails for Mastercard Identity Check for ATB Mastercard will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you add this to your contacts to ensure it’s not sent to your spam folder. If you receive a temporary passcode from any other email address, please contact ATB at 1-800-332-8383 to report a suspicious email.
Find the credit card that's right for you.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under license.