[Webinar] Fraud prevention: Integrating and optimizing your strategies throughout COVID-19 challenges
By ATB Financial 4 April 2020 less than a minute
As Alberta's business landscape evolves at a rapidly changing pace to address increasing concerns and challenges surrounding COVID-19, perhaps one crucial factor many business and industry leaders have not had the time to address is activity around fraud, and the approaches many fraud actors are taking to capitalize on business vulnerability.
Throughout the webinar, Aisha Kitchlew, Senior Manager of Fraud Investigations and AML with ATB will discuss key tactics fraud actors are using to capitalize on fears surrounding COVID-19 along with other leading fraud trends facing businesses today.
Topics explored throughout the discussion will include:
- Canadian fraud statistics
- Cybersecurity basics - what it is, and how to protect you and your business
- Business continuity plans - what are your vulnerabilities?
- Fear tactics: Campaigns designed to prey on global pandemic anxiety trends as a result of the global pandemic and attempts to capitalize on public fear and uncertainty
- Most common and disruptive fraud examples: Phishing, BEC and Malware
How to protect yourself and your business
- What to do if you find you have been a victim of fraud